Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weekend Liberty

Its been a while since I have been restricted from what I want to do, actually its been forever, unless you count fraternity initiation (but that is for another post).  I was able to get off base for about 6 hours on Sunday even though liberty started at 1700 on Saturday.  You are not able to travel over 100 miles or stay over night without a special liberty chit.  Not a huge deal, but certainly a drag.  I drove up to Charlotte to see my parents and we had lunch and a nice visit.  It was great to just get away from living so close with 40 other people in one room and it was great to see my parents even if it was only for a couple of hours.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you only got 6 hours. I'm sure the same will happen to me at Dix. Nice pics with your parents!!

    ReplyDelete